Sunday, April 17, 2005

Eye In The Sky

Saturday afternoon I was heading out for some Central Park time, and up in a tree in my apartment complex is this hawk chowing down on a pigeon (click on images for a larger view). It was pretty cool:







There were some other people checking out the survival of the fittest moment. There were a bunch of entertaining comments from the onlookers. My favorite was between a guy and gal probably in their late 30's:

Guy: Oh shit, check it out.
Gal: Oh my God.
Guy walks a bit closer to the tree for a closer look
Gal: Don't get so close!
Guy: Why? They don't attack people.
Gal: You don't know that.
Guy: I know it's a bird and not a lion, plus it's already eating.

Those New Yorkers sure know their nature.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bill. again. those are great pictures. i like the first one. the way you know, nature is meshing with bricks & stuff. good one.

kat said...

bill! thats hilarious. i would totally be that girl.
you should post it on overheardinnewyork.com. i like this one from today:

Middle-aged woman: I just refilled my metrocard with $60.
Old woman: Really? I never put that much money on my card. I only put about $20 each time. What if I die? The money on that card will just sit there.

--M20 bus