Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Notable Quotable - Phil Style

I finally got to see the Pantera "Behind The Music" in its entirely the other day. My poor ass doesn't have cable, but one of my more upscale friends was nice enough to record it for me and I just finally got the VHS drop. It was a good one indeed. Sad for certain with the Dimebag shooting and all, but overall it was the kind of rock story that makes watching "Behind The Music" worth viewing -- rock, struggle, drugs, touring, boozing, breakdowns and death.

Phil, as is so often the case had some classic quotes, running the gambit of emotion and mental diagnosis:

Unbalanced?
"I guess not everybody that goes to a rock show or a heavy metal show is going there to get their nose broken, ya know a lot of people want to watch.
And I wouldn't allow it.

If I didn't get what I was demanding out of an audience I guess, I became furious."
Humble?
"Any free time I had I would start something that would turn into something awesome."
Confident?
"Don't underestimate the kid. You're fucking crazy if you do. And I AM the kid."

No comments: