Sunday, May 8, 2005

Crashproof

I was in Patagonia yesterday doing a little shopping. Among other things, I was on the hunt for sunglasses. While browsing, this snobby woman get involved in the small sunglasses case too. We're trying glasses on and she is slowly muscling me off to the side with her snobby attitude and big ass. I decide to wait patiently to the side so I don't have to deal with her. At one point I hear her ask the sales woman, "Will these be good -- you know, survive -- a bike crash?" as if that was her plan. To do list: (1) Buy sunglasses (2) ride bike (3) crash "I love crashing my bike into stationary objects, but the sunglasses I have had in the past just can't handle more than a crash or two."

The sales woman responded, "The glasses are fairly hardy, but I'm not going to guarantee anything along those lines."

Just for the record, she didn't buy anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose this happened at that new sunglasses mecca, Hale and Hearty Shades?