Thursday, May 5, 2005

Terrorist Profile ... skates

On my way home from work tonight, I walk into the Exchange Place PATH station as usual. Backpack on, rollerblades in hand, tired look on my face, co-worker at my side. There are a bunch of people standing around sporting green neon mesh vests (construction worker style) that say "HOMELAND SECURITY" on the back. They have clipboards and pens and are observing everyone as they go through the turnstiles. I'm thinking they are doing a count to see how much security is needed or perhaps doing some racial profiling or whatever, but as I walk by, one of the H.S. guys looks at me and says in a low voice to the H.S. woman standing next to him, "Skates" and writes on his clipboard. I ran down the escalator and escaped apprehension.

Free.

At least for one more day.

No comments: