Monday, January 10, 2005

Get Out of Town

This past weekend a couple of co-workers and I packed up our gear and headed upstate for a weekend out of the NYC metropolitan area chaos. Is there a better weekend escape during the winter than some mountain fun? An almost certain "No" is the only answer I've got.

Off to Greek Peak we went. A good time was had by all, and I think I have officially crossed the line from skier to snowboarder. I'm sure I will still ski, but I think a snowboard is going to be my main device of choice for rockin' the slopes for awhile.

Check out this mean machine that we rented to transport our asses and gear up there:
















I know what you are thinking -- Pretty badass.

What you're looking at is a Dodge Caravan rented from Avis in fabulous J.C. The key chain had the color labeled as "green" but some argued that it was more "blue." Well, according to the Dodge website it is actually "Magnesium Pearl." I think that settles that.

Thanks to our get outta town motivation and our friend Magnesium Pearl minivan the weekend was a success. There was a memorable stop at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Wilkes-Barre, PA; Genesee beer and snacks from Xtramart; an overdose of celebrity gossip magazines; some football watching (Jets, you are so dead this week); lots of sleep; and of course our time on the slopes/in Orion's Pub.

There is already talk of a round 2 happening perhaps in February. I can't wait.

No comments: