Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Wrong Number

I moved into the apartment I currently live in way back in September of 2002. Since the day my phone got hooked up I have received a pretty steady flow of phone calls for one Laylee Olfat. Not just calling, but leaving messages on a voice mail that clearly states names other than Laylee. After one of these callers made some sort of reference to needing to get some photos and documents to her, I put it together that she might be "in the biz" -- the entertainment biz that is. A little searching on imdb.com brought everything into focus.

Apparently Laylee is a casting director, so these fools calling are probably trying to kiss her ass in one way or another so Laylee can open the door to the big time. Unfortunately for them when they make this call Laylee doesn't answer. I answer. I'm not "in the biz" nor could I give a shit to be perfectly honest. I don't know who she really is, I don't know where she is and I don't know her new number. All I know is that she used to have my number and when she unloaded it for me to snatch out of the available phone number pool for my own, she left a bunch of people sounding pretty desperate to get in touch with her.
Anyway, the calls have diminished some, but Laylee, if you see this (perhaps you Googled your own name or something), drop me a line (don't worry, I'm not mad) and let me know if you'd like me to pass on your new information to these fools ... or better yet, if you have a role for me in a big movie. Thanks.


Laylee (left)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always knew you'd hit the big time, bill. wow. having the old number to a c-level casting agent. i get all tingly just being able to call you my friend.

ap