Sunday, January 29, 2006

Cot Snack

I went upstate this weekend to do a little snowboarding at Gore Mountain. Some friends of mine have been going on this trip as an annual thing, but this was only my first time. Every trip involves staying at a cabin that can only be described as rustic, and is affectionately referred to as "The Yak Shack" due to an incident involving overdrinking and regurgitation the first year there.

The weekend was full of beer, fire, uncomfortable sleep, flatulence and laughing.

Four of the guys skipped work and went up Friday morning. Myself and my other friend went up after work on Friday (ATTN: co-workers, take note how I didn't screw you over). After 4-1/2 hours of being in the car, this is the scene on the porch that greeted us:


Two cots, labeled with our names on the pillow. A weekend cooped up with comedians.


Note the pre-sleep snack (my favorite part). One can of Pabst Blue Ribbon and an assortment of cookies, pretzels and chips.


I took my snack plate, but as cozy as the porch looked, I slept inside.

No comments: