Tuesday, February 15, 2005

T & DG

I have a subscription to Playboy, and have had it for a few years now. I'm not much for magazines. In most cases they suck. I was a big fan of POPsmear until it took a swandive (hell, I even had an honorable mention in a contest of theirs), Esquire is OK, and lately I have had an unnatural amount of fun(?) reading Business 2.0, but Playboy is hands down my favorite. I know this sounds corny and rather stereotypical, but I'm going to say it anyway -- I do read the articles. I have read every Playboy ever placed into my mailbox from cover to cover. The females in all honesty get pretty tired after awhile. But, before you start yelling "he's gay" first I will assure you that is not the case and let me wrap up this post with this tidbit: This month Debbie Gibson is featured. Yes, nude. Back in April of 2002 Tiffany was in there too.

Funny, how back in 1987 when those two were on every boy's mind and Debbie and Tiffany were all packed away in their sweaters and jean jackets. Only now, 18 years later, when my curiosity has dwindled are the fantasies finally revealed.

I think back in the day Tiffany was always the cheesier of the two and less talented too (hence the short-lived career I guess). Well, it remains the same in the Playboy world too. Tiffany had to run with the breast implants, meanwhile Debbie is just doing her thing as is.

I don't really know where I was going with all this, so I'll just end this madness. Nice work Debbie. Nice work Playboy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahem - its deborah? not debbie. did you get the press release 5 years ago?

WJR said...

Yeah, I know it is Deborah, they even refer to her as such in the article (see I told you I read them) but Playboy has Teen Queen Debbie Gibson Nude right on the cover, so I can't argue with that. Plus she'll always be Debbie to me.