Monday, February 7, 2005

What About Bob?

So, I am walking home this evening and take a glance at the Empire State Building to see how she's doing and I notice that the lights are red, green and yellow. I had just read earlier how people have been celebrating Bob Marley's 60th birthday (if he wasn't dead that is), so I thought it was rather nice for NYC to honor that whole thing. I snapped a quick photo which came out rather blurry, but I decided I liked it blurry -- probably how it would look if I had been puffin' some wacky tobacky -- just as Bob would have wanted I imagine.

Well, after a little research on the subject of ESB lighting it turns out I was wrong about the Bob Marley thing. The color scheme is actually for Grenada's independence. Now the photo blur just doesn't have the same warm feeling to it anymore.

Well, Happy Birthday anyway Bob.

No comments: