Monday, June 6, 2005

Door Prize

A few minutes ago my doorbell rang. This never happens unless I am expecting someone such as a food delivery guy or maybe on an exciting day the UPS guy. I go to the door wearing my boxers and a T-shirt. My stereo is on and is louder than necessary. I have my 200 CD changer on shuffle.

I open the door and there are three people. A guy, a woman and a kid maybe in high school or early college. The guy sticks out his hand and says, "Sorry to interrupt your music, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm __________ and I'm running for _________." I missed the details because all I could hear was Insane Clown Posse yelling, "Yeah bitch, it's all about clown love!"

According to the literature this is Jack Lester, running for City Council. He looked a bit unsure as to what he got himself into ringing my doorbell and I'm sure I looked a bit confused as well. I gave the hand a shake did the thank yous and pleased to meetchas, took his literature and shut the door. Just as the door closed the CD changed to "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles.

I know the music is easily heard out in the hall, so I'm sure this poor guy is now thinking he just shook hands with someone with multiple personalities and is in no way receiving my vote.

Don't worry Jack. I'm not a total nut. Well, maybe my music is a bit nutty, but at least I like to flex my American rights and vote.

No comments: