Friday, June 24, 2005

It's been a light week on the blog front. It's not that things haven't been happening, it's just that I haven't really felt like writing. Anyway, here are some photos I took the other night (nothing great, but photos nevertheless). The moon was looking big and cool, but as is so often the case the scale and presentation of the moment didn't really translate over to photo form very well:

This one is of the majestic East River, looking south from 18th Street. It used to be a good place to throw the bodies of my murder victims, but now look at all the fucking lights! Take note of the one street light that seems to be way above the rest. It's not a streetlight. It's the moon.


This next shot is of the entrance ramp to the FDR. Hey, there's the moon again!


Here is the aforementioned FDR ramp. I guess I was a bit shaky on this one, so the scene looks like the cars might be flying from the wide open spaces of the sky above to drive on the not so wide open space of the FDR. The streaking lights also remind me a bit of when I used to play Missile Command on my Atari 2600.


I'm off to a wedding in Massachusetts tomorrow morning. Rental car + lead foot + E-ZPass = good times.

No comments: