Sunday, February 5, 2006

The Black and Gold

As a Steeler fan, I've had a bunch of people asking me my feelings on the big Super Bowl XL. I have to say, I feel pretty good, and let's face it -- even if they lose, I'll still enjoy my pizza, beer and wings.

I pleased and amused, yet slightly alarmed at how popular the Steelers are all of a sudden. Mostly the support seems to come from freaks, but I like having the freaks on my side. Afterall, who doesn't like freaks? Terrible Towel waving freaks ...

Punxsutawney Phil, the weather predicting groundhog, is held up by his handler Bill Deeley while holding a 'Terrible Towel' after the prediction of six more weeks of winter was announced in Punxsutawney, Pa. on Thursday, Feb. 2, 2006. The towel is used by Pittsburgh Steelers fans to show support for their team who are playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 5. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic)


Management of CNX Gas Corp., of South Park, Pa., wave Terrible Towels as CNX Chairman Philip Baxter, third left, rings the New York Stock Exchange opening bell, during listing ceremonies Tuesday Jan. 31, 2006. NYSE CEO John Thain, second left, joins the celebration. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)


U.S. Airways pilot Capt. Bill Shoemaker waves a 'terrible towel' from the flight deck as the Pittsburgh Steelers football team plane arrives at Detroit Metro Airport, Monday, Jan. 30, 2006, in Romulus, Mich. The Steelers play the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl, Sunday, Feb. 5, in Detroit. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)


Yours truly, making a specticle of myself at Giants Stadium last year. Steelers vs. Giants, December 18, 2004. (non-AP Photo and game tickets/Michael Toole)


Go Steelers!

No comments: