Thursday, July 1, 2004

Jumping To 1812

I was worried that this July 4th might not be spirited enough. Well, I now realize that concern was unwarranted --

From MTV.com:
David Lee Roth will perform with the Boston Pops during the July 4 celebration on the Charles River Esplanade in Boston. The orchestra, conducted by Keith Lockhart, will back Roth for "California Girls" and "Jump" before launching into Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" as the fireworks go off ...

I can't say I have a huge desire to trek to Boston for the 4th, but to witness the transition from "Jump" into the "1812 Overture" in person might be worth the trip. David Lee Roth and the Boston Pops. That's booking genius!

I have to wonder though -- will all of the idiots in Boston start chanting "Yankees Suck" after the show?

No comments: