Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Backlash

With myself being a Yankee fan, and having many a friend who are Red Sox fans I was expecting quite a bit of backlash after the Red Sox win. Surprisingly enough, 24 hours later I have only received a very small amount. I attribute this partially to the fact that I have never really rubbed the fact that the Red Sox suck in their faces during all of the years of Yankee triumph, but I am sure it also has something to do with the fact that they haven't won the World Series yet ... and they are scared. Here is the anti-Yankee crap I have received:

09:37am
Text message to cell phone
From M.R.
Who's your Papi?

08:19am
E-mail
From C.F.
After a bunch of small talk ... OH and did you hear - THE SOX BEAT THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!

10:29am
Voice mail on cell phone
From J.S.
It's Thursday morning. Just calling to make sure you and New York City are still alive after your big, big, big heartache last night. Just wanted to make sure you are OK.

10:30am
Call to work
From J.S. (same person as above)
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaa!

No comments: