Tuesday, October 26, 2004

One of Those Days

Today was one of those days when it felt like work nearly killed me. Those types of days happen every so often, but when they do I can never really remember when the last one was or what was so bad about it. I just know I have had that feeling before, and I don't like it. I must have a way of pushing the horror to some far away black hole in my mind that only hypnotism could uncover.

At one point I forced myself to leave my desk. I didn't make it very far, only to the breakroom. I plopped down on the couch until I was able to get my head in order. Sometimes it's amazing what a couch can do. I had some thoughts of going to get a lottery ticket (a.k.a. a ticket out of the working world), but was feeling too lazy to bother. That's not a good sign, when you are too blah to buy a lottery ticket.

Anyway, I am home now, and I have to say that after my skate home, a run, some diner and some Simpsons the memory of work is going to be packed away in my black hole. It is like the day never happened.

It's Hump Day tomorrow ...

No comments: