Thursday, August 12, 2004

Shea Dismay

As a lifetime NY Yankee fan, by most people's reasoning I should not and can not like the NY Mets. Well, I have to say that since moving to New York City back in 1996 I have remained a Yankee fan, but going against the rules, I also root for the Mets. If it were Yankees vs. Mets, I would be Yankee fan all the way, but when the Yankees are not involved, I pull for the Mets and their time-tortured fans.

I can't believe the bad luck those Mets have. Only 2 games out of 1st around All-Star break time they are now 10 out. To add insult to injury they now have ... well, injuries and other bullshit that just flatten their hopes. Tom Glavine gets hurt in cab accident, Mike Piazza is out (not that he has been helping much anyway), Kaz Matsui is out, Vance Wilson is out, Shane Spencer is out because of boozing it up and then going for a drive. It seems impossible.

I don't know where I was going with all of this. I guess just that it is just a sad state of affairs out at Shea Stadium. It's annoying, and I am only a part-time fan. I don't know if I could stand it if it were a full-time gig. Get it together Mets! Where is the heart and grit? Be the comeback kids and stop all of this misery!

No comments: