Monday, August 30, 2004

Windy Teaches Lessons

I went to Chicago this weekend. It was my first city to the Windy City. I ate some deep dish pizza and a bunch of hot dogs, saw a Cubs game and most importantly drank entirely too much (mostly Old Style beer). Apparently my old body does not care much of three straight days of drinking and not sleeping enough. Along with this revelation, I have also confirmed that the NYC smoking ban has turned my lungs more sensitive than ever. After hanging out for hours in the Chicago bars in the evening I would wake up in the morning and would feel as though I had been sitting around with my lips clamped on a tailpipe of a 1977 Plymouth Volare wagon. Mmmm carbon monoxide ...

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Glad you enjoyed our lovely city. You did what we do best: eat, drink and watch baseball. What bars did you hit up?