Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I Wish I Had The Power Of Flight

Here are some lyrics by (the apparently now defunct) Little T and One Track Mike that I have taken a liking to (just verse one and the chorus is all you get for now):

Wings
If I had wings I'd take off work,
fly around town until it got dark,
watch the kids playing basketball down in the park,
with their shoes on,
and laugh at them ~
Ha! Ha! I'm outta here,
gravity free in the stratosphere,
don't need a blunt or a can of beer to get high as the sky,
and wave bye bye ~
I flap my wings in double time,
rappin in double rhyme,
and look down on the world feeling innocent and thinkin',
I never want to land again ~
'cause an average day can ruin a man,
have me thinkin' about suicide again,
and a whole lot of crazy other things,
like if I had wings ~

If I had wings I would fly away – fly away
If I had wings I would laugh all day – laugh all day
If I had wings I would fly away – fly away
If I had wings I would laugh all day

No comments: