Thursday, June 24, 2004

Roman

I woke up early today to go running before work. I'm trying to get my lazy ass back in shape.

Getting up early sucks, but so does running. As with many things, when you do them half-asleep (like work), they aren't as bad. If I don't get running out of the way before I am fully awake, I sometimes like to skip out on actually doing it later in the day. There are too many distractions/excuses that arise after work. The heat, happy hour, television, eating, etc. ... all the enemy of exercise.

This morning, while on my run along the East River I see something out of the corner of my eye. I look over toward Long Island City and see fireworks. My brain says, "Ooooh fireworks!" A second look, and it turns out to be the Roman Candle variety (which my brain is still sort of excited about). Then a small detail hits me ... it's 5fucking40 in the A - M.

Who lights fireworks at 5:40 in the morning? Does this person stay up all night rockin' out and then when it starts to get light out they think, "Hey. Why not launch some fireworks?" or is it someone who sets their alarm as to start their day off with some excitement?

I do not know, but I thank you LIC pyromaniac. Thank you for the show!

No comments: