Tuesday, June 8, 2004

Toss That Salad

I've been noticing that McDonald's has really been busting their asses trying to make themselves seem healthier. I'm guessing most of this has to do with Super Size Me and other bad press they have been getting. Anywho, in their new commercials where they try to lure us in with their salads and Stepometer(TM) I always think, "Man, that salad looks nasty ... and unhealthy." Well, today I checked the McDonald's nutrition facts on their web site to see if my theory is correct.

The Fiesta Salad is the salad I always see and draw my "that can't be good for you" conclusions from. As it turns out, the Fiesta Salad (with Sour Cream and Salsa) has:
450 calories, 250 calories from fat, 27 grams of total fat, 920mg of sodium
a double cheeseburger?
490 calories, 240 calories from fat, 26 grams of total fat, 1220mg of sodium

Granted, the cheeseburger is lacking in the vitamin categories, but holy crappers! That salad ain't too healthy.

I'm not one to really have a problem with McDonald's. I have even been known to eat there once in awhile (particularly on road trips) so don't get all mad that I am bashing them or knocking your dietary style or whatever. Eat there all you want, just don't bother with that stupid salad cause you know the double cheeseburger is tastier (unless you really want the Stepometer(TM).

Stupid Ronald McDonald. You're not smarter than me!

No comments: