Friday, June 11, 2004

That's A Nice Box

I didn't want to talk about this here, but I just can't stop myself.

This Ronald Reagan thing is really starting to piss me off. Nevermind the fact that Reagan was not the great President everyone is making him out to be. He may have been a nice guy, a good husband, and a President, but there was no way in hell he was a good President. Anyway, the other thing that is pissing me off is the media coverage of the idiots walking around his coffin AND the idiots actually doing the walking. I don't know why anyone would want to stand in line that long to look at a box (that may or may not have a dead president inside), with an American flag draped over the top. "Hey, honey. As long as we are in Washington, D.C. on vacation, why don't we stop by and see the box that dead President Reagan is in." No! Seeing a President might be cool, but seeing a dead President in a box is not. It is stupid.

Did I mention that Reagan sucked as a President?

When I went to see Hamell On Trial the other night, Hamell made mention of what a joke this whole praising of Reagan is. He said something that I think mirrors my thoughts. Something along the lines of, "Are they really going to put up a monument to this guy? If they are going to do that, why not put Pauly Shore up on Mount Rushmore?"

I'm sorry to talk shit about someone has died. I know that is not nice, especially when I am sure they tried their best and did some good in the world. I'm just not buying into the worshiping behavior. Pay your respects if you knew him, but if you simply voted for him or got rich during the S&L scandals you could probably just say a prayer or something like that. Oh, and if you are CNN, you don't need to show the whole process live.

No comments: